Saturday, January 22, 2011

From These Ashes, Beauty Will Rise

My heart aches. 

It aches for loved ones lost. For the innocence and purity of childhood. It aches for this broken world. For all the brokenhearted, weary and afraid. It aches for those who are consumed by bitterness and fear. It aches for those who are bound and blinded by sin. It aches for every heart to know the Savior, Redeemer, Lover, and King. It aches for its Heavenly Home. For His Presence. It aches to know Him, to fall in Love with Him more and more deeply. To be with Him. To be romanced by Him. To rest in His Comfort and Love and Peace, and His Perfect Understanding.

There are moments when the tears just fall.

This grieving heart of mine is sacred. It is my offering and my prayer. In the aching pain, I surrender my heart to Jesus. He takes my hand and leads me through the valley. He provides for me, and His Grace covers me. Each day, He unveils to me such beauty to be found in the midst of the pain and sorrow. I fall deeper and deeper in Love with Him, and He teaches me to rest in His Perfect Love. Though I am weary and afraid, I rest in the Shelter of His Wings. My God and My Father does not leave me. He draws near to me and carries me through the pain and uncertainty. He is Holy and Mighty and Tender and Loving and Gentle and Kind and everything I have ever longed for.

My Heart Is Spoken For. And I surrender, deeper and deeper, recklessly abandoned to His Love. And it is more beautiful than I can imagine, than I can comprehend. And I long to go deeper still, to seek and to know my Lord, my Savior, my Redeemer, and my King. And one day, I will meet Him face to face.

And now, dear children, continue in him, so that when he appears we may be confident and unashamed before him at his coming. . . . How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. Everyone who has this hope in him purifies himself, just as he is pure.
1 John 2:28, 3:1, 3



"God does not tell us we will not have sorrows. He tells us that He will be our comfort in sorrow. He does not tell us we will not have tears. He tells us He will be there with us to wipe our tears away. He does not tell us there will not be times to mourn. He tells us that on the other side of that mourning is the promise of joy indescribable."


For Thou dost light my lamp; The LORD my God illumines my darkness.  
-Psalm 18:28 






And from these ashes, beauty will rise.


"Come, everyone who thirsts, 
come to the waters;
and he who has no money,
come, buy and eat!
Come, buy wine and milk
without money and without price. 
Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread,
and your labor for that which does not satisfy?
Listen diligently to me, and eat what is good, 
and delight yourselves in rich food.
Incline your ear, and come to me;
hear, that your soul may live;
and I will make with you an everlasting covenant,
my steadfast, sure love for David.
Behold, you shall call a nation that you not know,
and a nation that did not know you shall run to you, 
because of the LORD your God, and of the Holy One of Israel,
for he has glorified you.
Seek the Lord while he may be found;
call upon him while he is near;
let the wicked forsake his way,
and the unrighteous man his thoughts;
let him return to the LORD, that he may have compassion on him, 
and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
For my thought are not your thoughts, neither are my way your ways,
declares the LORD.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven
and do not return there but water the earth, 
making it bring forth and sprout, 
giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater,
so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth;
it shall not return to me empty,
but it shall accomplish that which I purpose,
and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.
For you shall go out in joy, and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and the hills before you
shall break forth into singing,
and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.
Instead of the thorn shall come up the cypress;
instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle;
and it shall make a name for the LORD,
an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off."

-Isaiah 55


No comments:

Post a Comment