Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I Never Leave Your Hands

Last year I found myself overwhelmed by the crashing waves of a sea of changes.

Now I find myself in the midst of more loss than I have ever known before. The losses of the previous year are now compounded by these present losses...and I'm not sure what to say, what to think, what to feel, what to do...

But, I know Who to run to, Who to turn to, Who to rest in when there seems to be no rest. The Source of Hope, the Source of Peace, the Source of Comfort and Love.

I now have to say "goodbye" to childhood, "goodbye" to the way things used to be, "goodbye" to the dreams I had for the way I hoped everything would be...and what is beautiful about this, is that in an even deeper way; I can say "Hello" to all that God has for me, all the wonders He has in store, and rejoice more and more in all that He is in my life. 

And now, I may walk through a storm...and this road of grieving has not and will not be easy, I now know I don't have to walk it alone. I am not all right. I am broken. In a broken world...there is pain, sorrow, grief, death, and sin...but He restores, He renews, He holds our hearts, He carries us through...and His Love is so much greater than all of the brokenness. 




"Jesus Wept." He understands, and He pours out comfort and healing in so many wonderful, incredible, beautiful ways. 

"When my world is shaking, Heaven stands. When my heart is breaking, I never leave Your Hands."

But now says the Lord,
He who created you, O Jacob
He who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name, you are mine,
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through the fire you shall not be burned, 
and the flame shall not consume you.
For I am the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior."
-Isaiah 43:1-3



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Kaitlyn. :)
    Extremely BEAUTIFUL.

    I am praying for you during this incredibly painful time of loss.


    "The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."
    -Psalm 34:18

    "Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted."
    -Matthew 5:4

    "'Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,' says the Lord, who has compassion on you."
    -Isaiah 54:10

    ReplyDelete